PROVIDENCE – Enterprises ranging from bridge designers to medical technology developers to snow removal services made it onto Providence Business News’ 2016 list of the region’s fastest-growing companies. Twenty local companies in four categories based on 2015 revenue were named as part of PBN’s fifth Fastest-Growing & Innovative Companies recognition program.
In addition to the 20 companies listed here in alphabetical order, 10 companies were judged to be the region’s most innovative, based on applications submitted. All 30 companies were honored at an event on Sept. 21 to be held at the Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick.
Five finalists for the fastest-growing companies were chosen in each of the four revenue categories based on their two-year revenue growth. Final top rankings in each of the four categories – $250,000 to $5 million, $5 million to $25 million, $25 million to $75 million, and $75 million and above – were be unveiled at the awards dinner.
Innovation winners in 10 industry categories – architecture, construction & engineering; biotechnology and life sciences; education; energy and the environment; health care; information technology services; manufacturing; nonprofits; professional services; and technology – were selected for having a new product or process that has had a significant impact on the marketplace and/or the enterprise.
The 2016 Fastest-Growing Companies (listed alphabetically, grouped based on fiscal year 2015 revenue):
$250,000 to $5 million
- Chartwise Medical Systems Inc.
- Fish Advertising
- Lorimer Workshop
- New Economy CPA
- Skinpros LLC
$5 million to $25 million
- LifeWear Technologies
- MojoTech LLC
- Partnership for Rhode Island Streetlight Management
- Pranzi Catering and Events
- Qualified Resources International Inc.
$25 million to $75 million
- Altus Dental Insurance Co.
- Case Snow Management Inc.
- John Matouk & Co.
$75 million and over
- Atrion Inc.
- Blount Fine Foods
- First Point Power LLC
- Shawmut Design & Construction
- Thielsch Engineering Inc.
The 2016 Innovation Winners (listed alphabetically by category):
- Architecture, construction and engineering: CDR Maguire Inc.
- Biotechnology and life sciences: Ximedica
- Education: New England Institute of Technology
- Energy and the environment: HMSolution Inc.
- Health care: The Providence Center
- IT services: Claflin Co.
- Manufacturing: Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence
- Nonprofits: Hope + Main
- Professional services: Beacon Mutual Insurance Co.
- Technology: Datarista
The event recognizing the Fastest-Growing & Innovative Companies took wplace September 21, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Providence-Warwick Garden Pavilion.